The new Jesus-Centered Bible highlights in blue text over 600 passages in the Old Testament that point to references and prophecies relating to Jesus in the New Testament.
Editors of the Jesus-Centered Bible, Rick Lawrence and Ken Castor, spent nearly two years immersed in the New Living Translation identifying scriptural connections in the Old Testament that relate to Jesus’ ministry in the New Testament.
According to Lawrence and Castor, “Similar to the introduction of the red letters in the late 19th century, the new blue letter references provide fresh context to scripture as readers discover Jesus from cover to cover.”
Additional features include:
- Jesus Answers Life’s Biggest Questions—Short narrative essays focus on Jesus’ answers to our most common uncertainties and concerns.
- Jesus in Every Book—Expert introductions to Old and New Testament books, written by prominent Christian leaders, show how each book in the Bible points to Jesus.
- “Get to Know Jesus”—A one-chapter-a-day Bible-reading plan helps readers spend time with Jesus every day.
- Reframing Jesus Break-Outs—Behind-the-scenes pieces give readers “aha” insights into the people, places, and social forces that framed Jesus’ ministry.
- Jesus Questions—Quick and surprising zingers draw readers closer to Jesus as they ponder the purpose of his words and actions.
- Jesus’ Words—With red-letter clarity, everything Jesus says in the New Testament is highlighted.
- Names of Jesus—To accentuate Jesus’ presence throughout the New Testament, his name, including all of the ways his followers referred to him, are spotlighted.
For more information, or to schedule an interview with Rick Lawrence or Ken Castor, contact Craig Cable: 970-292-4697; firstname.lastname@example.org
About the authors:
Rick Lawrence – Rick is the Executive Editor of Group Magazine and the leader of the Simply Youth Ministry Conference and the Simply One-Day events. He’s authored hundreds of magazine articles and is the author, co-author, or editor of 37 books. His latest books include Shrewd: Daring to Live the Startling Command of Jesus (Cook, 2012), and Sifted: God’s Scandalous Response to Satan’s Outrageous Demand (Cook, 2011). And his next book, The Jesus-Centered Life (Group), will release in March of 2016. Rick is also a consultant to national research organizations and a frequent conference and workshop speaker.
Ken Castor – Ken is a professor of Christian Ministry Studies at Crown College in Minnesota. Ken has pastored in next-generation ministry for more than 20 years in the United States and Canada. He has contributed to numerous print and online discipleship resources, and is the author of Grow Down: How to Build A Jesus-Centered Life (Group, 2014) and a contributing author to The Skinny on Discipleship (Group, 2015).
Publisher: Group Publishing
ISBN(s): 978-1-4707-2215-9, 978-1-4707-2688-1, 978-1-4707-3404-6
Release: September 1, 2015
Size: 6 x 1.5 x 9
Binding: Deluxe leatherette and hardcover
Price: $34.99 for leatherette, $24.99 for hardcover