Leaders Selected to Oversee Theological Integrity of Event Topics,
Speakers and Content
DALLAS — Promise Keepers (PK), a Christ-centered ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their homes, churches, workplaces and communities, today announced the formation of a pastoral advisory board.
The board, made up of biblically-based leaders from across the nation, was chosen by PK leadership to help shepherd the spiritual integrity of its first stadium gathering in more than 20 years next summer. These men will ensure that all speakers, topics, worship sessions and prayer groups associated with the 2020 gathering are doctrinally sound and align with PK’s founding Seven Promises of a promise-keeper, which include Honor, Brotherhood, Commitment, Changemaking, Unity and Obedience. Currently comprised of seven men of integrity, the board may welcome new members between now and the 2020 event as the Spirit leads.
Members of the Promise Keepers 2020 pastoral advisory board include:
- Randy Alcorn, New York Times bestselling author of more than 50 books including Courageous and founder and director of Eternal Perspective Ministries;
- Steve Berger, founding pastor of Grace Chapel in Franklin, Tennessee;
- Bryan Carter, author, senior pastor of Concord Church in Dallas, Texas, and an active community member who currently serves on multiple local faith-based and corporate boards;
- Steve Farrar, bestselling author of Point Man: How a Man Can Lead His Family, speaker and founder and chairman of Men’s Leadership Ministries;
- Dr. Crawford W. Loritts Jr., speaker, author, evangelist and senior pastor of Fellowship Bible Church in Roswell, Georgia;
- Todd Wagner, author, speaker and senior pastor of Watermark Community Church in Dallas, Texas; and
- Stu Weber, veteran, bestselling author of several “Gold Medallion Finalist” books including Tender Warrior, speaker and co-founder of Good Shepherd Community Church in Gresham, Oregon.
“Following the Holy Spirit’s guidance in selecting these men to serve on our pastoral advisory board was a worthwhile process,” said PK CEO and Board Chair Ken Harrison. “There would be no point in resurging the Promise Keepers movement without taking every measure to ensure that it’s more Christ-centered than ever. I have confidence in these individuals and their commitment to carrying out a God-honoring event that elevates men and equips them to seek the Lord as the solution for every obstacle they face.”
Promise Keepers 2020 will take place at AT&T Stadium in Dallas, Texas, July 31 - August 1. But the brand identity of the new PK in the Digital Age goes beyond the stadium event for which it has always been known, that will be held annually moving forward. The movement will leave a lasting legacy in each host city and leverage an interactive app designed to form four-man “fire teams” in every church in the nation, by providing discipleship resources for men to go deeper in their spiritual journeys in community with others.
“As Christian men, we have a biblical responsibility to come alongside our brothers and support them in their pursuits of greater godliness,” said PK President Vance Day. “By uniting together men from all ages and stages of life under one roof, Promise Keepers 2020 will facilitate intergenerational growth among the men of today who desire to become the leaders God has created them to be.”
Promise Keepers 2020 tickets are now available. For information, visit promisekeepers.org.
About Promise Keepers
Founded in 1990 by iconic National Championship and College Football Hall of Fame coach Bill McCartney, Promise Keepers is a Christ-centered ministry dedicated to uniting men through vital relationships to become godly influences in their homes, churches, workplaces and communities. For more information, visit promisekeepers.org.