All welcome, discounted rates for RNA members
Following the postponement of its in-person annual fall conference, the Religion News Association is pleased to announce it will hold a one-day mini-conference on Thursday, April 22, 2021, by Zoom.
The world looks completely different than it did in September, when religion reporters last gathered virtually to discuss trends at the intersection of faith and public life. Therefore, it felt important to take stock of religion’s role in some of the most defining moments in U.S. history. Topics include:
- How do we heal our nation following the January Capitol siege?
- Unpacking the role of faith advisers in presidential administrations
- Vaccines and faith communities
- After a year of sobering matters, humor provides a comforting retreat and helps us probe subjects of faith
Among the many high-profile speakers and experts:
- Melissa Rogers, executive director, White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Rev. William J. Barber II, president, Repairers of the Breach; co-chair, Poor People’s Campaign
- Azhar Usman, comedian, actor, and staff writer & co-executive producer of “Ramy” on Hulu
- Rev. Joshua DuBois, former director of the White House Office of Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- Johnnie Moore, founder and CEO, The KAIROS Company; president, The Congress of Christian Leaders
- Hoda Mahmoudi, chair and research professor, Baha’i Chair for World Peace
- Mohamed Ahmed, founder, chairman and executive director, Average Mohamed
- Lina Molokotos-Liederman, affiliated researcher (sociology of religion), Woolf Institute, Cambridge, UK
The program also includes ample opportunity for networking and interviews over coffee hour, during session green rooms, at lunch breakout rooms, and in evening social hours.
The one-day event is just $129 for members and $159 for non-members. Bundled pricing is available for anyone who wishes to join RNA and register for the mini-con (save up to $31 on 2021 membership fees!).
View the program schedule and speakers, and register at: RNA.org/2021Minicon