Messianic Rabbi Jason Sobel Provides Enlightening Ancient Insights Starting July 12
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan – Television personality and The New York Times bestselling author, Kathie Lee Gifford, joins with messianic Rabbi Jason Sobel in teaching unexpected Bible lessons on location in Israel by video using the rabbinical way of stitching together Scripture’s often overlooked deep symbolism and tradition.
“If we want to understand what Jesus’ life was about, we’re well served to know about the places where he lived and taught and died and rose again,” says Kathie Lee. “This study will bring those places alive in ways that will illuminate the message of the Gospels, the message of Jesus. You’ll also discover the very Jewish background of the Gospels in ways that shed fresh light on the Scriptures. If you think you already know what happened in Bethlehem or Jerusalem, get ready to be amazed!”
Bible Gateway, the most visited Christian website in the world, is hosting the free The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi Online Bible Study from July 12–August 27, 2021. Free registration for the event is at BibleGateway.com/rock.
Watch the video introducing this Online Bible Study.
Based on the lessons of the book, The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi (Thomas Nelson, 2019), this six-session online video study begins with a lesson on Bethlehem where:
- Jesus was most likely born in a cave, the common birthing place of lambs used as sacrifices in Jewish worship
- lambs were wrapped in swaddling cloth to keep them from blemish, pointing to Jesus being the Lamb of God
- Mary might have received from her cousin Elizabeth her husband Zechariah’s worn out priestly garment as swaddling cloth, pointing to Jesus being our priest
- remnants of priestly garments were made into wicks for use in the temple menorah, pointing to Jesus as the Light of the world.
Participants of this Online Bible Study will receive the following free downloads and online access to enhance their experience:
- chapter 1 from the book The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi.
- session one of The Rock, the Road, and the Rabbi Study Guide.
- the seven-day inspirational devotional by Kathie Lee Gifford.
- access to six video lessons with Kathie Lee Gifford and Rabbi Jason Sobel. These videos will release week-by-week, no additional registration required.
Bible Gateway ranks number one on global search engines, is part of HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Inc., and is home to more than 200 Bible versions in more than 70 languages—a trusted resource for people in more than 200 countries who rely on it every day for all their desktop and mobile device Bible reading, listening, studying, searching, comparing, and sharing needs.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Religion News Service or Religion News Foundation.