Online Simulcast in 12 Languages to Encourage and Unite Church Leaders to Pray for Courage, Strength and Love Prior to Easter Sunday
WHAT: Online simulcast in 12 languages of an unprecedented digital Global Easter Pastor Prayer Gathering of clergy worldwide, hosted by Pastor Rick and Kay Warren and led by recognized and respected church leaders representing each continent. During the 90-minute event, faith leaders will lead fellow pastors of all Christian denominations—including Evangelicals, Catholics, Pentecostals and Charismatics around the world—in guided prayer for families, churches, communities and their nations at the beginning of Holy Week in preparation for Easter.
More than 30 years ago, Pastor Rick Warren began an annual Pastor’s Easter Prayer Breakfast at Saddleback Church for all pastors in Southern California. It has since expanded via simulcast to five other Southern California counties, with plans to include all 58 counties across the state this year, before the COVID-19 pandemic hit.
WHY: COVID-19 has significantly changed how churches will experience Easter this year, as for the first time in more than 2,000 years congregations all around the world will be unable to gather in-person to celebrate. Regardless of these unprecedented circumstances, the message of Easter remains the same: Jesus is the hope of the world.
Though the coronavirus pandemic has created a great deal of confusion and chaos, it has not changed the call for pastors to shepherd their congregations and share with their communities the unchanging, unshakable message of Easter. While COVID-19 presents a new challenge for pastors it also represents a new opportunity for them to lead in unity, showing a love for each other and sharing an open door for God’s love to a world hurting as never before.
- D. Jakes & Serita Jakes, USA – will pray for people with anxiety and fear
- Carlito & Leila Paes, Brazil – will pray for all health workers
- Tony & Mei Yeo, Singapore – will pray for people and churches in financial hardship
- Brian & Bobbie Houston, Australia – will pray that churches will be a Light in these dark days
- Nicky & Pippa Gumbel, United Kingdom – will pray for all pastors as they prepare their Easter messages
- Laurent & Chantal Mbanda, Rwanda – will pray for an outbreak of spiritual revival
- Rick & Kay Warren, USA – will pray for humble dependence on the Lord in this crisis
WHEN: Monday, April 6, 2020 — Streaming live at 8:00 a.m. PDT/10:00 a.m. CDT/11:00 a.m. EDT
- Translation languages for the simulcast include English, Spanish, Chinese, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, French, Italian, German, Korean and American Sign Language.
- Pastor Rick and Kay Warren founded Saddleback Church in 1980. What began with just six people in the living room of a small apartment today has grown to 40,000 members attending 20 different campuses on four different continents around the world. The church also operates more than 500 care and support ministries and groups ranging from grief care to mental health.
- In 2019, Saddleback celebrated its 50,000th baptism and the sacrificial giving of more than $1 billion to Christian ministry. The church has also sent over 26,000 members on P.E.A.C.E. trips to all 197 countries in the world to Promote reconciliation, Equip servant leaders, Assist the poor, Care for the sick, and Educate the next generation. For information visit com.