(RNS) Donald Trump’s campaign announced its new evangelical advisory board Tuesday (June 21) as the presumptive presidential nominee met with nearly 1,000 conservative Christians.
The Evangelical Executive Advisory Board will convene regularly to “provide advisory support to Mr. Trump on those issues important to Evangelicals and other people of the faith in America,” the campaign said in a statement.
It also will lead a Faith and Cultural Advisory Committee that will be announced later in June.
First on the list is former Congresswoman Michele Bachmann. Shortly before announcing her own bid for the presidency in 2012, Bachmann withdrew from Salem Lutheran Church after 10 years as a member and moved to a nearby evangelical church.
The list also includes Johnnie Moore — national spokesperson for My Faith Votes, one of the organizers of Tuesday’s largely evangelical meeting — and the Rev. Jerry Falwell Jr., president of Liberty University. Falwell had hailed Trump in the meeting: “Mr. Trump is a bold and fearless leader who will take the fight to our enemies and to the radical Islamic terrorists.”
The full list of board members is as follows:
• Michele Bachmann — former U.S. House member
• A.R. Bernard — senior pastor and CEO, Christian Cultural Center
• Mark Burns — pastor, Harvest Praise and Worship Center
• Tim Clinton — president, American Association of Christian Counselors
• Kenneth and Gloria Copeland — founders, Kenneth Copeland Ministries
• James Dobson — author, psychologist and host, “My Family Talk”
• Jerry Falwell Jr. — president, Liberty University
• Ronnie Floyd — senior pastor, Cross Church
• Jentezen Franklin — senior pastor, Free Chapel
• Jack Graham — senior pastor, Prestonwood Baptist Church
• Harry Jackson — senior pastor, Hope Christian Church
• Robert Jeffress — senior pastor, First Baptist Church of Dallas
• David Jeremiah — senior pastor, Shadow Mountain Community Church
• Richard Land — president, Southern Evangelical Seminary
• James MacDonald — founder and senior pastor, Harvest Bible Chapel
• Johnnie Moore — author, president of The KAIROS Company
• Robert Morris — senior pastor, Gateway Church
• Tom Mullins — senior pastor, Christ Fellowship
• Ralph Reed — founder, Faith and Freedom Coalition
• James Robison — founder, Life OUTREACH International
• Tony Suarez — executive vice president, National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference
• Jay Strack — president, Student Leadership University
• Paula White — senior pastor, New Destiny Christian Center
• Tom Winters — attorney, Winters and King Inc.
• Sealy Yates — attorney, Yates and Yates