Movoto Real Estate blog decided to find out "what the real Sin City is." And surprise, it aint Las Vegas.
They explain on the blog.
"Everyone knows that Las Vegas has made a name for itself—and attracts nearly 40 million visitors a year—by being a bastion of “sinful” activities: adult entertainment, gambling, drinking, and general debauchery. But what about the real sins? The ones in the Good Book. The ones in the movie “Seven?” We thought it would be fun to figure out which cities are making names for themselves in those (mainly less fun) moral offenses."
Here's the criteria they used, based on the Seven Deadly Sins:
- Strip clubs per capita (Lust)
- Cosmetic surgeons per capita (Pride)
- Violent crime per year per 1,000 residents (Wrath)
- Theft per year per 1,000 residents (Envy)
- Percentage of disposable income given to charity each year (Greed)
- Percentage of obese residents (Gluttony)
- Percentage of physically inactive residents (Sloth)
The take away? Meet in St. Louie, because "It looks peaceful enough in this shot, but somewhere in St. Louis all seven deadly sins are being committed right now."
The 10 Most Sinful Cities in America By Movoto